Yogi Endorsements ticker

Here's what yogis are saying about Empower Tucson Yoga! "Tiffany is a terrific yoga teacher. Her passion for yoga is obvious and her enthusiasm is inspiring. She really connects with her students on an individual level. She incorporates much insight about the spiritual and physical benefits of yoga practice, while making the class a fun experience." Danielle L.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bliss-Dance of the Universeॐ

WOW. . .
I know I've exclaimed this before, 
but I really, really, really LOVE yoga!!!  


Today I reflect back to where this life-changing journey began & how much everything around me has changed as a result of my continuous devotion to yoga.  It is truly an ever-increasing love affair of mine like none-other.  I will break it down for you. . .



As many of you know, I moved my asana right into teaching a mere two & a half months ago, & for those of you who didn't know, now you know!  As I sit & practice reflection, it feels so awesome when I think about how quickly my teaching has, & continues to grow in many ways.  I remember feeling so much anxiety about teaching at first, that it would take me an entire day to mentally prepare to lead a class!  Yes, an entire day!  When all I really needed to do to prepare for my classes was to simply BE MYSELF, give my students my own life work.  By sharing my experiences with all of you, not only do I continuously empower myself, but I also allow the light to illuminate straight through my center onto each & every one of you!  

"The love in me sees the love in you
The beauty in me sees the beauty in you
The presence in me sees the presence in you
The light in me is now shining through"





As a yoga teacher, I step into a leadership role each time I lead a class.  I am always working to make a difference in my life as well as in the lives of others.  Upon asking myself "What do I want to empower my students to do?" I come back to where it all began..."Cultivating a community around mindful living."  This is my mantra for the work I set out to do, not only for myself, but for my community.  

Here's a mini-lesson on yogic philosophy to help with some insight on where my passion is rooted from. . .
Spanda is the sanskrit word referring to the pulsation of the cosmic vibration.  Meaning the energy behind our breath, our heartbeat, the movement of our thoughts & our feelings.  This energy contracts & condenses before it expands & radiates back out, continuously moving & becoming stronger.  I like to think of this as I prepare to lead my classes.  As we all come together, uniting with our opening & closing "OM", creating that powerful cosmic vibration, strong enough to transform bodies & lives.



I am so proud to be a part of the growing yoga community here in Tucson. I am grateful to be able to share this journey of life, learning from one another along the wayॐ

"Our awakening is merely this; 
we recognize our own heart to be one with 
the central point of Supreme Consciousness, 
the point from which all things ebb & flow in 
the bliss-dance of the universe."

~excerpt from shaivayoga.com writings