Yogi Endorsements ticker

Here's what yogis are saying about Empower Tucson Yoga! "Tiffany is a terrific yoga teacher. Her passion for yoga is obvious and her enthusiasm is inspiring. She really connects with her students on an individual level. She incorporates much insight about the spiritual and physical benefits of yoga practice, while making the class a fun experience." Danielle L.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Yoga Therapy offerings to ease through life's changes - Healing Magic

We are are in a time of rapid change and we can often have feelings of aversion arise during experiences that may become uncomfortable in any way; physically, mentally, and/or emotionally. 


In my Yoga Therapy offerings I have been sharing pieces from Dr. Donald Epstein's book "Healing Myths: Healing Magic" - in which he dispels common myths that we may hold about healing, inspiring us to trust the innate power within and reclaim our body's natural ability to heal.  

Join me in a healing practice today to help guide you with grace and ease on your own unique journey:

- Yin Yoga - 
Every Sunday, 3:30-4:45pm
150 S 4th Avenue - Tucson Yoga

- Yoga for PTSD & Trauma - 
2nd & 4th Sundays, 7-8:30pm
314 E 6th Street - Three Jewels


Healing MYTH:
Healing means becoming more balanced, comfortable, and in control of my experience.

According to this myth, success in life depends upon becoming more balanced, comfortable, and in control of our life. Small changes are acceptable and encouraged, but rapid, unpredictable changes are to be avoided and controlled. This myth encourages us to seek a life that is predictable and safe - a life in which our plans never have to undergo rapid change. We are taught to insulate ourselves from feelings, experiences, situations, and events that we prefer not to have. 

CHANGE IS A NATURAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE. 

Symptoms and disease often have their roots in old, unresolved feelings. They arise when the truth can no longer be silenced or obscured by our convenient and established story. What we resist only persists and grows stronger, until we can no longer keep hose feelings contained within a particular region of the body. Disease, discord, and other chaotic events brings us the opportunity to break free of this energetic prison; we are biologically encouraged to "deal with it." 

Healing MAGIC:
I give thanks for the unexpected events that take me from my established course and bring new experiences, relationships, and healing. I take this moment to rejoice in the miracle of life. I trust the flow of life, wherever it takes me, and make room in my day to celebrate changes in my schedule and plans.  I am nurtured by change, and embrace both chaos and order in my life. 

-"Healing Myths: Healing Magic" by Dr. Donald Epstein